The Profit Kings Forums Account Sustainability Epic browser – can my mobile phone apps be tarcked

• Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Stevennnnn
      Participant

Hi im happy with my account on my laptop using epic browser but will all that privacy be undone by my searching history on my mobile phone and apps for the various bookies? Thanks

evcouta
      Keymaster

yeh tbh i never use mobile phones. The apps are much more exploitable then using incognito on chrome browser.

evcouta
      Keymaster

– so if you do want to use your phone, make sure it’s not through the apps.

Jvella
      Participant

Over the past month, I have been placing bets through my betting apps. So are you recommending to go through our phone browser instead to place bets and always clear history?. Im not a computer genius and I have a Mac, but i am finding it very difficult to do the step by step clearing browser as recommended on the Elites Sustainability section as i can’t even pass the first step. Can anybody help please!

evcouta
      Keymaster

hey Joe spot on. Try avoid the apps if possible. And i have never owned a MAC in my life before so i cannot give you advice there!

Message on the Elites Chat the exact issue you are facing and we will look it up for you.

Jim S
      Participant

hey, can you explain how apps are exploitable? I use apps for most of my betting. There’s no cookies stored, so how can other bookies track you exactly? I use firefox focus if i have to jump into betfair or other bookies that apps aren’t great.

evcouta
      Keymaster

hey Jim, i messaged @cookiemonster for you. He said he will be able to help you in a couple of hours!

He knows this sort of stuff inside out (he taught me all about it)

He will explain it in more depth then i am able to provide.

Jim S
      Participant

Cool thanks

Cookiemonster
      Participant

Hi bud the main reason why I’m leery of apps is because of the information stored on your mobile device by those apps. I don’t know for sure if the bookies use the apps for data mining purposes but it wouldn’t surprise me.

Regular deletion of cookies and history mean that whoever decides to snoop on your betting habits and patterns will find it very hard to confirm that you’re hedging whatever bets you’re placing to exploit bonuses and promos.

However, betting apps (and even official apps from the app store or Google Play) store info on your phone that remains even after the app is deleted. My specific concern is the mining of such data – not only can someone potentially join the dots re:your betting activity, but also find other ways to compromise security of your phone. Verified apps on the Apple and Android app stores to this (Facebook) – why not an unregulated app created by an industry that as we all know can be unscrupulous and dishonest? Just my two cents but I prefer to be safe instead of sorry!

Jim S
      Participant

Fair enough, you make a valid point. Cheers

rockcrab8
      Participant

Hey Cookie, i will have access to a fresh set of accounts to replace my banned ones within the week. i was wondering if i would be able to speak with you a little about the privacy of my ips and how to 100% keep my accounts from being able to be tied together sometime. i have installed every add-on you suggested but still a little confused in the process

thanks Cookie

Rolfie82
      Participant

Hey guys, I’m trying to use epic browser for my accounts but it wont let me login to any accounts. It keeps coming up saying somethings wrong. Any advice to fix this???

cashkingssupport
      Keymaster

Hey @waderolfe1982, Epic browser now doesn’t work with most bookies as they have blocked its access. Just use the incognito browser which still does the trick.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.